Sunday, February 12, 2012

Case Study Challenge #77

I am drawn to bright colors, so doing shabby chic cards with their softer pastel colors has not been something I've explored.  But I love a challenge, so when I saw the inspiration that Karola came up with, I was like getting really excited, as it has bright colors.  Yeah!.


So here is my card, based on this weeks Case Study Challenge Blog - Challenge #77.  I'm playing along with them this week, so I hope you'll enjoy my card and take a minute to check out other inspired cards on their blog.

To make this card:

I used a 7" x 8" blue cardstock as the base. I found some awesome Close to My Heart pattern paper from my stash that has bright colors and an argyle pattern. 

Close up of my flowers
I used the Ultimate Creative Series cartridge Bonus 3 flower cut at 1-1/2" which is also a flower in the George and Basic shapes cartridge.  The flower branches are cut from the Bonus 1 <Image45-s>.

I sponged around the flowers and layered them on top of red flowers, added buttons to the centers.  Other finishing touches were adhesive pearls in the argle pattern and the flower branches, buttons to connect the labels and a red gingham ribbom with blue bakers twine to complete the look.


Thank you for stopping by today and be sure to check out my other post below.

Catch the Frenzy!

8 comments:

  1. luv this....happy sigh...the patterns, colors, and the super sweet flower bow....happy sigh again.....hope you have a wonderful week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, the colors are gorgeous and well I just love it!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful work! I am happy to be your newest follower and I hope you will come play with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to have you as a follower. I'll check into the Play Date Cafe Challenge and I would be happy to play along. I love the challenges, as it really gives me an opportunity to create and unwind after a full work week. Love the inspirations and this great network of other crazy papercrafting women.

      Delete
  4. I love it!!! The colors and paper flowers are great!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being selected to the Top Three! Love your Shabby Chic card done in the bright colors. I love brights, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bold and bright take on the inspiration! Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! I agree with Debby! These are wonderful bold and bright colors! What a great CASE! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some comment LOVE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...